During the average day, how many times do you use the bathroom? Or should I call it the restroom, now that iDevices have brought the entire world into our pockets? Once upon a time the average “pit stop” was probably under 3 minutes. Now it’s more like 15 minutes.
The iPhone and iPad have been known to be the savior at times like this. Times when the bathroom visit becomes more of a restroom break. A 15 minute jaunt to take a break from the work day and to invest some time in iDevice usage.
If you are a “squatter”, a gentlemen who spends more time than necessary in the bathroom, you aren’t there for business!
To make the most of your time, you don’t want to be in the bathroom playing Final Fantasy Tactics or an MMORPG game. You need something quick!
Below is a list of Apps that I feel can get you in and out and still be enjoyable. Mostly media consumption apps, but still entertaining for your time alone in the stalls!
1. Tweetbot: This is hands down the only Twitter client that matters for iOS. It is made well, the design is gorgeous and it does it’s job. For a couple bucks, this is a must have app for your “pit stop”.
2. Angry Birds Star Wars: If you don’t already know, I am a Star Wars geek. When you add that to the addiction that is Angry Birds, you have a winner! This game is easy to be a quick in and out, or at the same time, could make you late for a meeting. Which is it for you?
3. Flipboard: Media consumption is something we all do, and it’s something we enjoy. So why not do it well and quickly with this beauty of an app. Flipboard is easily one of my most used apps on both the iPhone and iPad and it comes with me to the hopper most days!
4. Google+ This little app is up there with Tweetbot. For Google+ there is not other app. This is a well designed, well loved app. Why not bring it with you and check in with your friends?! They won’t know where you are, promise. No hangouts in the stalls please!
5. Reeder: If you have followed Macdaily for any amount of time, you know we love Reeder. It is built into my daily workflow both on the iPhone and on my Macbook Air. It is a must have app if you use RSS at all. News, news and more news is what you get with Reeder in a brilliantly simple interface.
Do you use your iDevice in the bathroom? Do you even use the bathroom at work?
Full Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a commission. Regardless of the above, Macdaily only recommend products or services we personally use and believe will add value to you, our readers.