[Guide] Jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 – iOS 8.4
[UPDATE] Version 2.1.2 released…Fixes initial release issues.
[UPDATE] Version 2.1.3 released…Fixes some more bugs.
[UPDATE] Version 2.2.0 released…Now supports latest iOS firmware (iOS 8.4)
[UPDATE] Version 2.4.3 released…Includes Cydia v1.1.23
As to be expected with the first version (v2.0.0), there are some issues with the jailbreak process. Some users have found that they’re getting stuck at 20%-30% while running the jailbreak tool. For some reason this jailbreak requires you to downgrade iTunes to version 12.0.1 and put your iDevice into Airplane mode.
You’re going to need to downgrade iTunes to version 12.0.1, completely removing your current version of iTunes and you can do this by following the guide on the Apple support page.
Once you’ve removed your current iTunes version, reboot your computer. Then download iTunes version 12.0.1 from 3K Assistant’s net drive here. Select 32-bit/64-bit accordingly. Then you’re ready to follow the guide below…
Guide to jailbreak iOS 8.1.3 – 8.4
1. Plug your iDevice into your computer
2. Open iTunes and backup your iDevice (OPTIONAL)
3. Disable Find My iPhone and your iDevice passcode (if you have one)
– Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone – then Disable
– Settings > General > Passcode Lock, enter your passcode, then tap ‘Turn Passcode Off’
4. Download the TaiG jailbreak tool here
5. Close iTunes and run the TaiG software you just downloaded (as Admin)
For best results, make sure your iDevice is showing the Home Screen & not doing anything.
6. Uncheck ‘3K Assistant’ and click ‘Start’.
The process will take a while, don’t touch your iDevice or computer during this time.
7. Once your iDevice is successfully jailbroken, Cydia will appear on your Home Screen. Open Cydia and wait for it to download the latest package data.
Cydia might need to “respring” your iDevice on the first launch.
Any questions/comments? Sound off in the comments below…