Have you ever installed an app on your iPad only to later find it useless or not what you wanted? Maybe you need to clear up some space on your iPad memory. Well in this video we look at how to delete ipad apps on both iOS 10 and iOS 11.
We cover both iOS 10 and iOS 11 because deleting apps in iOS 11 is slightly different from deleting apps on iOS 10 so this will get you ready for iOS 11 or sort out your old iPad.
Find out how to delete iPad apps here.
So the process to delete iPad apps in iOS 10 is
- go to the home screen
- Long press on any application for around 2 seconds
- When the applications start to “jiggle” and a circle with an x appears, tap the x.
- Press delete in the delete dialogue box.
The process to delete an app on iOS 11 goes
- Go to the home screen
- Long press on any application, keep long pressing till the jiggle and a circle with an X appears
- Tap the circle with the X
- Press delete in the delete dialogue box
- Wait for a second and the app will be deleted.
As you can see, the addition of drag and drop has made this process a little more difficult in iOS 11. In the past you had to get into (as I call it) ‘dance mode’ where you can start to move apps around and also delete apps. Now if you hold an app for a little less time than the old long press, you’ll get into drag and drop and you can move apps around there. This means there is a clearer distinction between rearranging applications and deleting applications in iOS 11. Still, if you burry an application in a folder somewhere, you need to search for it and find it before you can actually delete it regardless of whether you run iOS 11, 10 or an older version.