I’ve wanted to get a podcast going again for a while but finding a cohost, picking the hosting option and so on held me back. So I thought I’d give Anchor a try as they seem to have some good tools for “giving podcasting a go”. But what to do for my test episode. Well, it had to be “Why iPad?” have a listen.
In this episode (after a brief intro and explanation of the tech I’m using, I get into the reasons for using the iPad as your main device. Well, my main reasons at least.
The Seven Reasons I Use an iPad as my Main Device
They centre around
- Portability (it’s small and light)
- Battery life (you don’t even have to think about the battery anymore. All day is all day.)
- use while walking (this is really important for me as a teacher)
- the great apps (Drafts 5 anyone?)
- the simplicity (set up and go)
- the flexibility (not stuck with a keyboard or mouse. Adaptive screen keyboard etc)
- the distraction light environment (one or two apps at a time with clean interfaces)
- and the fun of iPad (it’s just delightful)
This probably isn’t the definitive list of reasons for everyone and I accept that my reasons for using the ipad may be some people’s reasons against using the iPad. At the same time I believe these reasons show off where the iPad truely excells and in some cases, could not be replaced by any other device.
Any other reasons Why iPad?
Can you think of any reasons for why people should use an iPad as their main device? Leave a comment below.
[p.s. I hope you enjoyed the beta podcast. I know the audio wasn’t the greatest but I had kept putting it off and so I thought it was better to just give it a go than keep waiting forever. I’d love your feedback]