Apple’s own Podcasts app has received an update to version 1.2.
Lately the wife and I have been into listening to Podcasts, I must admit I have listened to only a handfull of Podcasts. The app is simple and does it’s job, we honestly haven’t played with it at all. The update brings with it a few new features along with bug and stability fixes.
The list of new additions to the app are below:
• Create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes
• Choose whether your stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode
• Your stations are stored in iCloud and kept up-to-date on all of your devices
• Create an On-The-Go playlist with your own list of episodes
• Playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the Podcasts app
• The Now Playing view has been redesigned with easier to use playback controls
• Addressed an issue with resuming playback when returning to the app
• Additional performance and stability improvements
Per the above release notes, Podcasts 1.2 allows you to create custom stations of your favorite podcasts that update automatically with new episodes and choose whether the stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. What is nice is that those stations are stored in iCloud and can in turn be synced across all devices.
Do you use the Podcasts app? What do you listen to?