There are softwares like Beamer, but they are either for Mac only and/or won’t be able to stream high bitrate movies (movies with sizes of 20GB – 40GB). AirFlow will play just about anything you throw at it, any format, any size, it is that good.
Some of AirFlow’s notable features:
– Stream to your Apple TV or Chromecast
– Hardware accelerated transcoding (on Windows & OS X, using Intel QuickSync)
– Subtitle support (supports DVD and Bluray subtitles)
– OpenSubtitles.org integration
– Scrubbing using Apple TV remote
– Surround sound
– Scrubbing with preview (see screenshots)
– Simple, polished, no-nonsense user interface
– Standalone application (not a server or a browser plugin, easy to set-up & use)
The best thing about AirFlow is that it works with Mac and PC and is extremely easy to use, simply drag and drop your video files into AirFlow and press Play. If you’re looking for a way to stream any video file from your Mac or PC to your Apple TV, I cannot recommend AirFlow enough. You’d have to try it to believe it.
What are your thoughts on AirFlow?
To stay up to date with the latest news be sure to follow iOSDaily on Twitter